We’re looking for an exceptional Design Director to join our studio.
Franklyn is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary branding studio focused on creating brands with a soul. We’re not god, but we do believe that good design can lead to a spiritual experience – and we’re looking for our Design Director soul mate. We're a diverse team of uniquely talented designers, illustrators, animators, typographers and creative problem-solvers who have both incredibly high standards, but like to enjoy ourselves along the way. Our clients range from the big guys to the boutique and we thrive on truly varied clients, industries and challenges. In the spirit of creativity and balance, we dedicate 10% of our week to creative play, research and experimentation.
Full-time, NYC or Remote USA, Eastern Time Zone
Design Directors are at the heart of Franklyn’s creative leadership and are focused on shepherding our teams to exceptional results by providing inspiration, guidance and mentorship – and occasionally getting their hands dirty. Directors understand the core of our clients' needs and are able to both establish the vision and push for the most compelling solutions for them. A deep understanding of brand systems, an ability to think strategically, extraordinary rigor as well as attention to detail are crucial to success in this role. Strong process, superb interpersonal communication and an empathetic approach to management and coaching are also core to the Director’s day to day responsibilities.
Design Directors work closely with the Creative Director, partner alongside our Account Directors and manage multiple projects and team members. Directors are active participants in senior leadership planning, resourcing and new business processes. Responsibilities extend beyond project work in the form of regular check-ins with junior design staff, critical reviews and suggestions for evolving Franklyn processes and contributing to skill-building for the entire studio.
• 8+ years of design experience at top level creative agencies working on brand identity, digital and print media
• 2+ years management of a design team
• You are an exceptional creative talent
• You have strong opinions about the fundamentals of design
• You have a positive mental attitude and play well with others
• You have experience guiding design staff in the concept, design and execution of design directions on projects in all media
• You are comfortable giving and receiving critical feedback and providing mentorship and sharing expertise with junior design staff
• You are excellent at leading client management and correspondence alongside account directors
• You have superior organizational and time management skills
• You are proficient in all current design software
Email [email protected] with your résumé, portfolio and why you’d like to join us.